Mental Health First Aid
What is Mental Health First Aid?
– Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour training course that teaches you how to help someone who has a mental health problem or is experiencing a mental health crisis.
– MHFA is an evidence based program through SAMSHA.
– MHFA helps you know how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and addictions.
– MHFA teaches a five-step action plan to assess a situation, select and implement appropriate interventions and secure appropriate care for an individual experiencing a mental health problem.
For more information on Mental Health First Aid visit the website below.
Mental Health First Aid Website
The Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
Why should you take it?
– To be prepared: CPR/First Aid training prepares you for medical emergencies, MHFA prepares you for mental health emergencies
– Mental illnesses are common: each year, 1 in 5 adults struggle with a mental illness that is significant enough to be diagnosed, but isn’t
– You care: learn how to be there for a friend, family member or colleague
– You can help: people with mental illnesses often suffer alone – reduce the stigma
Upcoming 2022 Adult Classes
There are no upcoming adult classes at this time, check back later for more information.
Upcoming 2022 Youth Classes
There are no upcoming youth classes at this time, check back later for more information.